Cloud Database Engineer
Diemen (Amsterdam, NL)
15 July 2019
Wanted: Cloud Database Engineer to shape a future of mobility!
We love cities. And we’re doing something to make our cities healthier, cleaner and more liveable. How? By providing parking solutions that are simple, quick and effortless. Today, PARK NOW is the world’s leading provider of on-demand mobile payments for on- and off-street parking. We make life easier for more than 17,000,000 drivers in over 700 cities in Europe.
About the role
As a member of the systems squad team you will be responsible for designing and implementing agile AWS-based infrastructure and data management ecosystem. Responsibilities span across fields of databases and infrastructure, groups to design a secure, agile, effective AWS based environment.
- Managing of sqlserver technologies to Aurora, supporting feature teams
- Standing in advisory and lead role towards feature teams introducing any new changes
- Managing database performance issues, capacity, data migrations
- Supporting any new data structure changes and leading changes with other squads
- Develop CloudFormation/Terraform scripts for Cloud environment
- Design/Build automation tools to deal with daily repetitive tasks
- Ensure uptime, availability scalability and reliability of data sources as per SLA’s or agreement with other feature squads
- Work on a wide range of innovative AWS uses cases
- Design and build Database Monitoring and logging services in cloud
- Define and re-define backup strategy and recovery procedures
- Be part of the 24×7 on call support
- BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Engineering preferred;
- 5+ years of experience in related roles
- In depth knowledge and hands on expertise in AWS services: RDS, Aurora, SQL based technologies;
- Understanding of VPCs, VPC routing, VPC security and Cloud network architectures
- Expertise in writing and maintaining infrastructure Cloud Formation Scripts;
- Expertise with managing large data sets, troubleshooting and managing any performance issues;
- Strong scripting skills, i.e., Powershell, Python, Bash etc.;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across all internal organizations;
- Technology skills: AWS, MySQL, MS silverer, Terraform, Monitoring (cloud native solutions)
Want to be part of a dynamic fast-growing scale-up and global, urban mobility leader? Yes! Want to make an impact? Yes!
We offer a lot of autonomy and room to develop your talents. We know our people are at their best when they enjoy a good work-life balance, which we fully support. You can expect great employment benefits, including a mobility plan, weekly bootcamps, monthly massages, lunch, Friday beers and snacks, daily fresh fruit, fun team events and much more!
PARK NOW. We are driven to improve. Come join the ride!