23 January 2020
Wanted: Cloud Engineer excited to shape the future of mobility!
We love cities. And we’re doing something to make our cities healthier, cleaner and more liveable. How? By providing parking solutions that are simple, quick and effortless. Today, PARK NOW is the world’s leading provider of on-demand mobile payments for on- and off-street parking. We make life easier for more than 17,000,000 drivers in over 700 cities in Europe.
About the role
The Cloud Engineer is a member of the Systems Squad team, which is responsible for designing and implementing agile AWS-based infrastructure. Responsibilities span across fields of network, application deployment and infrastructure to design a secure, agile, effective AWS cloud environment.
- Cloud infrastructure architecture and implementation, set up and configuration of AWS services
- Work with the rest of the Systems Squad team and wider Architecture teams to develop new cloud service models
- Partner with Security teams to design and implement the connectivity, structure and security of the cloud environment
- Develop Terraform and CloudFormation scripts
- Design and build automation tools
- Work on a wide range of innovative AWS uses cases
- Architect infrastructure solutions to ensure security, scalability, resilience and maintainability
- Design and build cloud monitoring and logging services
- Be part of the AWS on-call Rota
- Assist with current 0n-premise infrastructure
- 5+ years of experience in related roles
- In-depth knowledge of AWS
- Expertise in designing and implementing VPCs, VPC routing, and VPC security
- Expertise in Cloud network architectures and in developing infrastructure CloudFormation scripts
- Expertise with Terraform and cloud security design and tools
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a cloud environment
- Strong scripting skills: PowerShell, Bash, Python, etc.
- Strong IP networking skills including VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalling
- Strong automation skills: implementing CI/CD tools, working with blue/green deployment frameworks
- Strong skills with Puppet, Chef or Ansible, .NET Core, Apache, MySQL
- BS level technical degree: Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- Professional certification: AWS Solution Architect preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across all internal organizations, including remote teams
Want to be part of a dynamic fast-growing scale-up and global, urban mobility leader? Yes! Want to make an impact? Yes!
We offer a lot of autonomy and room to develop your talents. We know our people are at their best when they enjoy a good work-life balance, which we fully support. You can expect great employment benefits, including a mobility plan, weekly bootcamps, monthly massages, lunch, Friday beers and snacks, daily fresh fruit, fun team events and much more!
PARK NOW. We are driven to improve. Come join the ride!