Diemen (Amsterdam, NL)
2 December 2020
Wanted: Data Engineer to shape a future of mobility!
We love cities. And we’re doing something to make our cities healthier, cleaner and more liveable. How? By providing parking solutions that are simple, quick and effortless. Today, PARK NOW is the world’s leading provider of on-demand mobile payments for on- and off-street parking. We make life easier for more than 17,000,000 drivers in over 700 cities in Europe.
About the role
Our organization quickly grows in its data awareness. Coming from a position in which financial reporting was the prime objective of business intelligence, we now see a rapid adoption of data-driven decision making throughout the company. With this comes an increased demand for insights into areas which were undiscovered before. Consequently, we need to grow our data landscape, disclose new data sources, adjust our infrastructure and architecture. Furthermore, we want to facilitate for future business, so growth related to a vision and along the lines of a defined data strategy is key, also for this job.
In this position, you will be designing, creating, operating and maintaining data flows, engineering pipelines and workflows. You will be structuring data and making sure it’s secure. Lastly, you will maintain and improve the current data warehouse and look out for future development in data engineering. We’re open to your suggestions!
• Investigating and implementing new solutions for warehousing
• Structuring data and subsequent streams
• Designing, building and optimizing the data warehouse
• Safeguarding data security and integrity
• Creating solutions for complex operational issues
• Join in and feed into scrum rituals with the team
• Provide insight in current data capabilities and omissions
• Give advice on next steps to take in capabilities, architecture of the data landscape
• Manage expectations with stakeholders pro-actively
• University degree in engineering, data informatics, artificial intelligence, econometrics or equivalent
• Proven experience in programming, preferably in Python
• Experience in data engineering pipelines and workflows, in any case Talend and preferably one more, like Airflow
• Kimball, SQL and MySQL
• Experience with AWS Cloud solutions, notably Redshift, S3 and Spectrum
• Understanding third-party service integration into PowerBI: visuals, external data sources
• Language: English on a proficient and professional level
Want to be part of a dynamic fast-growing scale-up and global, urban mobility leader? Yes! Want to make an impact? Yes!
We offer a lot of autonomy and room to develop your talents. We know our people are at their best when they enjoy a good work-life balance, which we fully support. You can expect great employment benefits, including a sports membership, Friday beers and snacks, daily fresh fruit, fun team events and much more!
PARK NOW. We are driven to improve. Come join the ride!