Diemen (Amsterdam, NL)
3 December 2020
Wanted: Data Steward to shape a future of mobility!
This role can be based both in Diemen, NL or Basingstoke, UK
We love cities. And we’re doing something to make our cities healthier, cleaner and more liveable. How? By providing parking solutions that are simple, quick and effortless. Today, PARK NOW is the world’s leading provider of on-demand mobile payments for on- and off-street parking. We make life easier for more than 17,000,000 drivers in over 700 cities in Europe.
About the role
As our organization becomes more data driven at a high pace, the demand for thorough analysis increases. We are moving from a centrally organized data team towards a set-up in which in-depth analysis are done in the functional teams, such as Finance, Product, Marketing and Sales. This organizational change calls for both data stewardship and coaching of the individual analysts.
As Data Steward you will safeguard the correct use and interpretation of existing data. You assist analysts by providing data sets, dashboards and iterations of the two. You grant access to tables and reports based upon the different disciplines of the analysts and their respective needs. You consolidate change requirements and put them on the backlog of the Data & BI team. Simultaneously, you coach and transfer knowledge of both insights and methods among the analyst community.
• Organize for and preside the Analyst Chapter, in which both insights and ways of working are shared
• Giving and managing access to existing reports, dashboards and queries to individual analysts
• Assisting in analysis questions
• Doing analysis for both generic and specific audiences
• Train or facilitate in training to further enhance the analysis capabilities of our organization
• Provide insight in current data capabilities and omissions
• Advice on next steps to take in capabilities, architecture of the data landscape
• Manage expectations with stakeholders pro-actively
• Consolidate, maintain and renew the data dictionary
• University degree in engineering, data informatics, artificial intelligence, econometrics or equivalent
• Proven data analysis experience in relevant previous occupation
• Approximately 5 years of relevant professional experience in areas such as analytics, front-end development for data, querying, data engineering, preferably multiple
• Experience with SQL and PowerBI
• Experience with data science tooling such as R, Python, matlab, SPSS or SAP
• Knowledge of commonly used data elements and tools: AWS, Azure, data-management platforms, personalization tooling, data warehousing and marketing automation systems
• Understanding of data modelling in general and customer models in particular
Want to be part of a dynamic fast-growing scale-up and global, urban mobility leader? Yes! Want to make an impact? Yes!
We offer a lot of autonomy and room to develop your talents. We know our people are at their best when they enjoy a good work-life balance, which we fully support. You can expect great employment benefits, including a sports membership, Friday beers and snacks, daily fresh fruit, fun team events and much more!
PARK NOW. We are driven to improve. Come join the ride!