Diemen (Amsterdam, NL)
Finance & Tax
15 February 2021
Wanted: Financial Controller excited to shape the future of mobility!
We love cities. And we’re doing something to make our cities healthier, cleaner and more liveable. How? By providing parking solutions that are simple, quick and effortless. Today, PARK NOW is the world’s leading provider of on-demand mobile payments for on- and off-street parking. We make life easier for more than 17,000,000 drivers in over 700 cities in Europe.
About the role
Are you an enthusiastic financial who wants to further develop into Financial Control and thrives in a dynamic, fast changing environment? In that case, PARK NOW is looking for you!
This role reports to Teamlead Financial control, but also requires extensive daily interaction with cross-country, -departmental teams and finance colleagues. Therefore, it is essential that you have strong project management and communication skills in English. In combination with a strong eagerness to develop best practices and optimize the financial control function.
- End responsible for maintaining complete GL of several European entities
- Responsible for compiling and coordinate External Audit of financial statements of several European entities
- Prepare tax and VAT filings of several European entities
- Support Senior Financial controller in maintaining group accounting and reporting policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure compliance with e.g. Local GAAP, IFRS and tax norms
- Support in monthly consolidation and shareholder reporting (IFRS)
- Monitoring and reporting of Key Risk Indicators of Financial Controlling department
- Monitoring and reporting of critical interfaces with 3rd parties (PSP’s)
- Support diverse projects to professionalize the finance department and the cooperation with the business. For example:
- Redesign and implementation of payments & invoicing landscape PARK NOW Group;
- Further automation of the financial control department – fully automate Parking fee remittance and commission invoicing process
- Managing due diligence and post-merger integration processes
- Harmonization, roll out and guidance of financial policies and procedures.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Finance, Economics or Accountancy, a postgraduate degree (RA, ACCA, CPA) is a plus.
- At least 3 years’ of experience in a finance role in an (international) company and/or in a big 4 accountancy firm;
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and GAAP/IFRS experience;
- Advanced experience in Excel;
- Hands on approach is essential to get things done, result focused;
- Accurate, able to work to strict deadlines, and comfortable working in a quick turnaround environment;
- Ability to be either a pragmatic deliverer of results and/or a motivating coach as and when circumstances dictate, in an efficient and effective manner;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English; Dutch is a plus.
- Strong management and team-working skills with ability to work independently, and work well with colleagues at different levels in the organisation;
- Organised, proactive and results oriented;
- Ability to have good grasp of the detail whilst understanding the “big picture”, and to manage multiple tasks/ projects and priorities simultaneously;
Want to be part of a dynamic fast-growing scale-up and global, urban mobility leader? Want to make an impact? We offer a lot of autonomy and room to develop your talents. We know our people are at their best when they enjoy a good work-life balance, and we fully support that.
PARK NOW. We are driven to improve. Come join the ride!