Group General Counsel & Director Risk and Compliance
Diemen (Amsterdam, NL)
27 August 2020
Wanted: Group General Counsel & Director Risk and Compliance excited to shape the future of mobility
We love cities. And we’re doing something to make our cities healthier, cleaner and more liveable. How? By providing parking solutions that are simple, quick and effortless. Today, PARK NOW is the world’s leading provider of on-demand mobile payments for on- and off-street parking. We make life easier for more than 17,000,000 drivers in over 700 cities in Europe.
About the role
Director of the group legal, risk management and compliance functions reporting to the Group CFO.
We’re looking for a new senior management team member for the PARK NOW Group. The areas of responsibility include all legal affairs of the group and its subsidiaries, encompassing corporate governance, enterprise risk management, compliance including regulatory compliance, data protection and information security.
This role is located in Amsterdam and requires periodic travel to our US and German Headquarters and occasionally to other European markets.
Your Tasks in detail:
- All global legal affairs of the group and its subsidiaries in close collaboration with EU & US general counsels
- Build and maintain a global governance framework including rules of procedure, delegation of authorities and approval authorities.
- Ensure support in tender markets and all applicable policies and procedures when dealing with governmental institutions
- Manage the legal function in the most effective and cost efficient way
- Ensure regulatory compliance including consumer protection
- Ensure PARK NOW groups IP is properly safeguarded and located and cross charged in a tax optimal way.
- Liaise with shareholders’ legal function and management
- Ensure the implementation of Compliance Management System across all Group companies
- Monitor and implement changes related to external regulations or business models before the background of anti-trust or anti money laundering
- Shape a Compliance & Ethics culture
- Provide appropriate reporting to the management board and obtain decisions
Information Security & Data Protection
- Ensure annual achievement of certifications and attestations like ISO 27001/9001 & PCI DSS
- Build an adaptable and scalable security and cyber program around process, domains and layers; Identify – Protect – Detect – Respond – Recover
- Vulnerability Management and Penetration Testing – Analysis & Threat Mitigation
- Business Continuity Management & Recovery Planning
- Drive towards accuracy and efficiency in Security Operations
- Further evolve and mature Cyber / Data Security & Privacy (GDPR)
Enterprise Risk Management
- Define and implement a group wide Enterprise Risk Management
- Facilitate the design, implementation and documentation of internal controls;
- Perform regular self-assessments and monitor remediation
- Report to the BoD on a regular basis
- This is a Global senior management position that requires over 15 years of experience in legal, compliance and risk management related functions.
- Theoretical background from an advanced graduate degree in either Legal or any other field of academia plus MBA and/or legal training in international law or European law or from one of our major entities (UK, NL, US, Germany)
- You have at least 10 years of leadership experience in a Leadership role regarding legal, compliance and risk management, preferably in a multi-location, multi-cultural environment.
- During that time, you achieved a proven track record of delivering high quality legal and compliance frameworks and operations
- You have experience working with larger corporates as a shareholder; having additional experience from working in a fast-moving start-up culture is a plus.
- You’ve developed exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- You have a proven track record of motivating and developing teams in a VUCA environment
- You’re exceptionally well organized and capable of leading (multiple) teams and processes in a structured way, regardless deadlines or pressure
- You’re capable of working in a multi-cultural environment whilst also bringing experience of working with C-level executives on eye-level
- You’re able to communicate complex ideas effectively in English; additional language skills are a plus
- You come with a strong self-motivated personality, with a goal oriented hands-on mentality
Want to be part of a dynamic fast-growing scale-up and global, urban mobility leader? Yes! Want to make an impact? Yes!
We offer a lot of autonomy and room to develop your talents. We know our people are at their best when they enjoy a good work-life balance, which we fully support. You can expect great employment benefits, including a mobility plan, weekly bootcamps, monthly massages, lunch, Friday beers and snacks, daily fresh fruit, fun team events and much more!
PARK NOW. We are driven to improve. Come join the ride!